What is the Hearing Aid Protocol?
Hearing Aid Protocol is a method of fitting hearing aids developed and used by the Doctors of Live Better Hearing. The purpose of the method is to ensure that after you buy your hearing aids, you get the absolute most out of them.
The Hearing Aid Protocol involves:
- Professional Hearing aid fitting and orientation over 20-30 days and multiple visits.
- Providing continuous positive patient support
- Focusing on specific goals for hearing improvement
- Providing short term and long term structured follow-up visits
- Adding auditory exercises to strengthen auditory neural pathways (the hearing part of the brain) when appropriate
- Measuring progress
- Having a loved one attend orientation and being involved in the process helps dramatically!
- Please encourage a family member or friend to attend with you.
- Every individual is different, so we will customize the protocol as needed to specific circumstances.